Friday, October 19, 2012

Photo Editing Sites That Can Come In Handy

It's not like I am totally a computer freak or anything, but every time I am on my computer, I try doing or learning things I really enjoy or like. One of such things is photo editing. Now let me mention one thing very clearly, I am definitely not a 'geniously brilliant' person when it comes to computer stuff ( and I don't think I even want to be one:p) but I do all these stuff just for fun and do as long as I feel interest for these. To put in simpler words, my hobby for something remains as hobby until it becomes stress.

One thing to mention is that when I am talking of things like editing or gif or stuff like that, most of the time I do not include Photoshop on the list. Don't get me wrong, it's just I know PS does wonders ( once you know how to make it do so) and it's probably the best so far for editing and things like that for beginners as well as experts. But as a learner, I had hard times doing the same things I wanted because of not having a PS as I mentioned in my previous post. This is the very reason that even after I've started using PS I try finding out newer software and things till this date that can pretty much live up to the expectations of a learner or someone not having access to one.Okay, so I would like to share some of the photo editors here that are some of my favorites till now.

1. PicMonkey

Picmonkey is so far on my favorite photo editor's list. Those who have used Picnik already know the features it offered. Well Picmonkey does offer almost the same. However it doesn't have seasonal features unlike Picnik. That means you cannot have special editing options for Halloween, or St. Patrick's Day etc. Apart from that, for me it is just excellent.

2. Ipiccy

After Picmonkey, this is my second favorite site. This is just a wonderful site for editing and stuff. Very much like Picnik or Picmonkey, this site offers more features in addition. Even the view is very much Picnik-ish so I think you'll love it once you get used to it.

3. Lunapic

This is an awesome site for not only editing but other stuff as well. You yourself can have a look at the home page to see what features it offers. This is my favorite site too, specially because you have a image blending option available. If you follow the instruction appropriately, you can successfully create wonderful blended images. If you don't have PS or don't yet know how to use it to blend photos, then I suggest you to give this site a try.

4. Pixlr

If you have finished editing photos as a beginner and want to do a little bit more then just adding effects or frames or stuff, then this is really a very good place for that. As you will notice, there are three options in the home page and you can choose to edit using any of the options you prefer. The 'Advanced' one looks like a paint window but you can do a lot more than just painting and cropping things there. 'Efficient' one also provides you with a lot of options to select in order to edit, modify or blend pictures. One good thing here is that you can customize most of the effects and settings according to your wish. The last option, 'Playful' one is quite similar to Picmonkey, only with some extra effects and frames to use.

5. Free Online Photo Editor

It's a pretty good site for editing as well. The feature I specially like here is the Glitter Text option. There are other sites for this too but somehow I find this more interesting and easy to use, once you are habituated to it.

There are millions of other sites that lets you do editing and things like that. But just do a little surfing before you sign up or install any unknown software.

This is an article on photo editing. Find more articles on editing and things like this on Muna's Blog http://thoughtsuntoldnafsa.blogspot.com/


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment